Tuesday, October 28, 2008

SOUP - "SOUP" {USA} [1970]

The great Appleton, Wisconsin band headed up by the late great Doug Yankus, and featuring their predecessor band- The Private Property Of Digil. While SOUP had their influences in Buffalo Springfield, Ten Years After, and other Blues/Rock traditions, Private Property just oozes with the sounds of the Byrds, Kinks, Beatles, and Dylan. Includes the original 1970 Arf Arm Artists LP, SOUP's only 45 release, and all four 45 releases by Private Property. See the February 19, 2000 issue of Bill Board Magazine's Declaration Of Independence column for more information from a local Appleton boy who heard these guys in person!!
Recorded at Jewel Studios, Mt. Healthy, Ohio; Chess Studios, Chicago, Illinois; Target Studios, Appleton, Wisconsin & live at University Of Wisconsin, Whitewater, Wisconsin between 1968 & 1970.

01 - Mailman, Bring Me No More Blues
02 - I'm Just Not The Man To Be Tied
03 - Dear And Blue
04 - Black Cat Blues In Melody
05 - Tenessee
06 - I'm So Sorry
07 - Veronica
08 - Big Boss Man

Unreleased Demos
09 - Dance Magic Woman
10 - Song For Jackie

PRIVATE PROPERTY OF DIGIL - 1967-69
11 - Jewelry Lady
12 - I'm Looking At You
13 - Sunshine Flames
14 - Princess
15 - To My Friends
16 - Loox At Me
17 - Destination Nowhere
18 - The Patch Of Brick

- Doug Yankus (vocals, guitar)
- Dave Faas (vocals, bass)
- Rob Griffith (vocals, drums)
- Jim Peterman (keyboards).

06 - I'm So Sorry
09 - Dance Magic Woman

link in comments

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much! It has some tasty guitar parts (Dear and Blue) :)

Anonymous said...

nice bluesy rock, thank you very much !!
kai

Govindas Dream said...

well, how does the groovy mp3 player work? how can I use it on my blog? I mean, boomp3.com is not very stabil at the moment ;)

please tell me,
greetings, amadeus :)

isabelbc said...

hello Amadeus,

sorry my english but I'll try explain for you about player Odeo

months ago in this site http://odeo.com/ there was an option for upload tracks mp3 and many options for players, this generated a html code.

later the site close option for upload tracks mp3 for new users (I'm an old user).

now, the site is totally different, the old users lost upload option too.

well, I have saved my old html code odeo and noticed that if you can upload 1 track mp3 to some server as a result code an url.mp3 then you can replace this code url.mp3 in part of code htlm (by odeo)

this old html code for player odeo is available of Prognotfrog members as well as the server for upload tracks mp3

I hope you can understand my explanation

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never thought I'd find the Soup LP online. I remember when they played my high school! What a great band. Unfortunately they never became big nationally, but they were certainly local legends. Thanks for sharing this.

isabelbc said...

http://lix.in/-387c7f

Anonymous said...

Links dead.....

isabelbc said...

link is not dead, Sharebee site >> "Server is under technical emergency maintenance... please try again later. " :o)

Anonymous said...

Links dead..... Again

isabelbc said...

new link http://netkups.com/?d=78dfb88614449

pompel said...

Link is gone again.

Post a Comment